Recycle your empties for cash!
Deerfoot Bottle Depot will pay you cash for all of your recyclables. See our return rates to know which containers give you cash. Our computerized system showing your return in real time combined with our automated cash dispensing machine makes returning your bottles easy and convenient. Check out our handy calculator to see how much your return is worth before you come in. Have questions or want more information? Please contact us today.
What is available when you arrive?
At Deerfoot Bottle Depot, we make returning your recyclables very easy by being open 7 days a week. We also accept electronics that you wish to recycle. Planning a Bottle Drive? We can help you with that as well. Please check out our FAQ or contact us with any questions or inquiries and our staff will get back to you shortly. We often work with local charities and other organizations to help them raise money.
Help streamline the process
We want all of our customers to have an easy and convenient experience when they come in. Sometimes the waits can be long so we please ask that you do the following to make the process more efficient:
- Check if your item is returnable. See our return rates page for more information
- Rinse your recyclables. Rinsing reduces smells and germs and makes the bottle depot a more inviting place for customers
- Leave tabs, labels, and lids on plastic containers
- Pre-sort your empties
- Leave beer bottles in original cases
- Do not crush cans or plastic bottles
- Albertans achieved a non-refillable beverage container return rate of almost 85% in 2019
- More than two billion beverage containers (refillable and non-refillable) are returned in Alberta each year
- Recycling one aluminum can can save enough energy to run your TV for three hours
- It only takes 1,000 milk jugs to make a new recycled park bench
- The energy saved from recycling one glass bottle can run a 100-watt light bulb for four hours
- The same amount of energy used to produce one new aluminum can will produce twenty recycled cans
- Aluminum cans can be recycled over and over again. There is no limit on the amount of times they can be recycled